Thank you to all sponsors and fans for your support and encouragement. Without you, not only would Evening Star Kennel been absent from the 2010 Yukon Quest, but this incredible sport and these wonderful dogs would become a thing of distant memory. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope that you have enjoyed following this amazing event.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Puppy update

The pups have opened their eyes and had their first meal last night. I notice the 2 brown girls in Etna's dish last night while she was eating. So I soaked a little bit for the pups. I had to put them all by the pan, but they seemed to know what to do. Until half of them fell asleep in the dish. This morning they did a little better and everyone had a bit before heading back to mom to nurse. They are getting more mobile by the day and can hear now. They are all a little shocked by my voice and handling now that they can see and hear me. But I am sure they will soon get over that and know me as the other mother to them. Everyone is healthy and the size discrepancy is not so noticeable any more.

On another note, the big dogs have now had 3 runs and are all doing very well. I have run different leaders each time getting 3 dogs some lead time in each run. My goal is to have at least 10 solid leaders in my Quest team. It's looking very achievable right now. It seems that summer is already winding down here in Montana and the mornings have been quite cool. Makes me want to go everyday. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment