Thank you to all sponsors and fans for your support and encouragement. Without you, not only would Evening Star Kennel been absent from the 2010 Yukon Quest, but this incredible sport and these wonderful dogs would become a thing of distant memory. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope that you have enjoyed following this amazing event.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Athletes: Annabel

Annabel is my shyest dog. We have made a lot of progress since she first joined the kennel in October 2007. She is very unlike her overly friendly sister, Jersey, but now that we have become very good friends, she has become an amazingly reliable lead dog. She will go wherever I tell her to go, as long as there are no crowds of people.

As a two year old this year, Annabel led 2 of 4 legs during the Siskiyou race and loved every minute of it. She is a hard worker and a real clown once she knows you. Annabel is a picky eater and is often skinnier than I would ideally like to see her. She is getting spayed this spring to help her hold her weight as well as taking off the pressure of her heat cycle. She doesn't like it when the boys like her so much.

Annabel has become my good buddy and makes me laugh everytime I see her. She doesn't like for people to touch her, but she likes to touch them. She always seems to be laughing when I talk to her or do something silly to amuse her. I have invested a lot of extra time trying to befriend Annabel and earn her trust. I expect this time will pay dividends next year during the Quest as it has already begun to this year in training and racing. Watch out for Annabel next year. I expect her to only get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment