Thank you to all sponsors and fans for your support and encouragement. Without you, not only would Evening Star Kennel been absent from the 2010 Yukon Quest, but this incredible sport and these wonderful dogs would become a thing of distant memory. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope that you have enjoyed following this amazing event.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Athletes: Jersey

Jersey is Annabel's personable sister. I think Jersey got all of her sister's social confidence. When I do school presentations, Jersey is the one trying to tempt the kids over to her for pets and play.

Jersey also joined Evening Star Kennel in October 2007 as a yearling. She drove me crazy the first few months of running because she was so crazy to go that she would get herself wound round and round the gangline trying to find a spot for better leverage so we could go faster. Though Jersey doesn't like to run in lead very often, she never falters or slacks off in the team. Jersey was also in my winning Siskiyou team and ran in swing (just behind the leaders) the whole way.


Jersey is a very easy going dog and gets along with everyone in the kennel and loves to play with anyone who might be in the mood. She is a tough girl and I can always count on her to do her job whatever the circumstances. I look forward to another season with Jersey and taking her for the long haul in the Yukon Quest next year.

Jersey loves to pose for photos (unlike her person).


No comments:

Post a Comment