Thank you to all sponsors and fans for your support and encouragement. Without you, not only would Evening Star Kennel been absent from the 2010 Yukon Quest, but this incredible sport and these wonderful dogs would become a thing of distant memory. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope that you have enjoyed following this amazing event.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Team Roster

So it's official.  I have my 14 dogs picked and there will be 4 yearlings on the team.  We will have to slow down a little from my original plan but should still have a good run and a strong finish.  Everyone is ready to do something and get going on the trail.  We start at 11:15 Alaska time on Saturday 2/6/10.  I will be carrying a SPOT GPS tracker that you can follow on the Yukon Quest website and linked at the top of the blog page.  I hope to finish in the 12-13 day range.  Today was a balmy -5 degrees which is a HUGE improvement over the -30 we have been sufferening.  It will be colder out on the trail, especially on the first half of the race.  I have good gear and will stay warm enough.

I want to say a special thank you to everyone who has contributed to make this possible.  Whether you contributed money, time, labor, hospitality, moral support, a much appeciated phone message, I thank you for your support.  It has meant so much to me to have so many people rally around me and help me work towards my goal of completing the 2010 Yukon Quest.  I am sure there will be many stories to tell when all is said and done and Brooke and Anita will share stories along the way of my and their adventures.

So here is the team:
Sneezy Annabel
BoggleCharlotte

EtnaGoon
MargaretMargarita

Miss CleoPatron
ShiloVoodoo

LightningWhitney

No comments:

Post a Comment